At NWCOHS, we're doing our best to reduce our impact on human health and the environment through our education and training programs, through our operations, and through our efforts in the community. Below you will find some of the efforts we have underway.
- Many of our faculty, staff, and students - including our Director and Deputy Director - commute to work on bicycle
- Many of our faculty, staff and students commute to UW on public transportation
- Many of our faculty, staff and studetns participate in the UCar program
- Printers/Copiers - we purchase recycled content paper for all printers and copiers
- Binders - we purchase non-vinyl binders that are biodegradable
- Badges - we purchase non-vinyl name badges that are biodegradable
- Other office supplies - whenever possible, we purcahse environmentally and socially responsible products. More about the UW Green Purchasing Program is available here.
President Emmert's quarterly office hours video "Preserving the Environment", can be viewed here. More information on environmental stewardship and sustainability at UW can be found here.
- We offer multiple training programs that focus on underserved communities, including workshops for Tribal agencies and immigrant populations